Why franchising is a win-win for veterans and franchisors.
Franchisors appreciate veterans’ service to our country and how their military experience often makes them top-notch franchisees.
“Our experience with veterans has been very positive, largely because they have experience that translates well and they understand the importance of following a system,” says Mosquito Joe CEO, Kevin Wilson. “Veterans tend to have natural leadership skills and understand the importance of setting goals and never giving up.”
89% of franchisees who are veterans say they enjoy operating their business.
Starting a new career after active duty is exciting. When contemplating your options, consider that 89% of franchisees who are veterans say they enjoy operating their business.
“I just have to say it, I like being the boss. I get great personal reward from charting a course and then watching our team reach the goal. Second, I love serving. It’s why I loved the military,” says Retired Colonel Jud Cook, who owns a Christian Brothers Automotive franchise. “Finally, owning my franchise allows me to be a generous provider for my family and my church. I make a great living doing stuff I like to do.”
Franchises With Satisfied Owners That Offer Veterans Discounts
The franchise brands below made Franchise Business Review’s 2017 Top Franchises list as a result of their franchisees being highly satisfied with their experience. Each is a VetFran member, which means they offer special discounts to veterans.
- FirstLight HomeCare – FirstLight HomeCare franchisees offer comprehensive, in-home, non-medical, and personal care services to seniors, new mothers, disabled adults, and others. For more information and investment details click here.
- FASTSIGNS – Every day, businesses seek to extend their brands’ visibility. FASTSIGNS franchisees provide communications solutions to businesses via their sign, graphics and marketing knowledge. For more information and investment details click here.
- Christian Brothers Automotive – Christian Brothers Automotive is an automotive service franchisor. Each Christian Brothers franchise is locally owned and operated and provides ethical and excellent full-service automotive vehicle repair to the surrounding community. For more information and investment details click here.
- Sport Clips – Sport Clips offers haircuts to men and boys’ in a sports-themed environment, at a reasonable price. For entrepreneurs looking to build a business, Sport Clips offers a multi-unit, lifestyle franchise. Sport Clips franchise owners set their own schedules based on the need. Typically, owners will spend 12 to 15 hours per week on a store once it is opened. For more information and investment details click here.
- Mosquito Joe: Mosquito Joe provides a service that improves the quality of life for people in your community by allowing them to enjoy their yards and eliminating the worry of mosquitoes, fleas, and ticks. It is a recognized leader in the booming $11.4 billion pest control industry. For investment and other information, click here.
- AdvantaClean: AdvantaClean makes homes and businesses healthier by providing needs based services in the light environmental, indoor air quality, and energy efficiency markets. Core services offered include mold remediation, moisture control solutions, vent and coil cleaning and water damage cleanup services to both residential and commercial clients. For investment and other information, click here.
Just like any business, franchising is not a get-rich-quick endeavor. Success requires time and effort. Also, franchisees’ level of success is dependent on a variety of factors including their innate business acumen, the location of their franchise, and marketplace conditions. Your familiarity and comfort with systems, teamwork, and following a step-by-step protocol combined with selecting the right franchise, will certainly improve your chances of succeeding as will selecting a strong brand. A good place to begin your franchise search is with the owner-approved brands listed above.
To increase your chances of investing in a franchise that will meet your financial and personal goals, it’s a good idea to explore FBR’s Franchise Buyer’s Toolkit. It takes you through investing in and running a franchise business, provides you with an in-depth breakdown of the Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD), which if you understand how to read it provides crucial insight into the franchise you are interested in, and features an online course that will enable you to make realistic, personalized financial projections in order to understand how much money you could make.